NEB offers a variety of DNA Ladders with sizes ranging from 25 bp to 48.5 kb for use in agarose gel electrophoresis. NEB also offers a wide range of double-stranded DNA molecular weight markers for conventional agarose gel electrophoresis. These standards have a size range of approximately 10 bp to 23,000 base pairs. Ladders are also available for pulse-field gel electrophoresis.
NEB’s DNA ladders are offered in 4 convenient formats:Conventional (with no loading dye)
- Available in a wide variety of size ranges
- Most economical of the 4 formats
- Ready-to load
- Contains a non-fluorescing purple dye which does not cast a UV shadow
- Optimized to create sharp, tight bands
- Available for the Low Molecular Weight, 50 bp, 100 bp, 1 kb, and 1 kb Plus DNA Ladders.
- Value pricing
- Contains bromophenol blue dye
The typical pattern generated by each of our markers and ladders is shown below. Fragment sizes are indicated alongside of the image. Relative mass values are also shown, when appropriate.
- Why are there extra bands visible on polyacrylamide gels?
- Why are the DNA ladders showing up on my Southern blot? What is the sequence or composition of the ladder bands?
- How can I quantify the amount of DNA in each band of a marker?
- What are the differences in the four versions of the 1 kb Plus (formerly called the 2-Log DNA Ladder), 100 bp and 1 kb DNA Ladders that NEB sells?
- Where can I find sequence and restriction maps of NEB's expression vectors?
The PCR brochure provides product information on the wide range of DNA polymerases available from NEB, including tools for selection and troubleshooting tips.
Protein Expression & Purification Brochure
The Protein Expression and Purification brochure provides information on the advanced tools for protein expression and purification offered by NEB.
- DNA Ladders are supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye
- Suitable for analysis of a wide range of DNAs
- Uniform band intensities and convenient band spacing
- Easy-to-identify reference bands
- DNA Ladders can be used for sample quantitation
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
In this video, you will learn how to prepare a standard DNA ladder and load it onto an agarose gel.
In this video, you will learn how to prepare a pulse field gel marker and load it onto an agarose gel.
Learn the basics of how large DNA molecules are separated with Pulse Field Gel Electrophoresis (PFGE).