Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep with Sample Purification Beads delivers significantly increased sensitivity and specificity from your RNA-seq experiments, from ever-decreasing amounts of input RNA. In conjunction with ribosomal RNA (rRNA) depletion or poly(A) enrichment, the kit enables the production of high quality libraries from 5 ng or 10 ng of Total RNA, respectively, up to 1µg.
This kit contains NEBNext Sample Purification Beads (SPRIselect® beads from Beckman Coulter) for size selection and enzyme reaction cleanup.
Strand-specific/directional methods for sequencing RNA provide information on the DNA strand from which the RNA strand was transcribed. This is useful for many reasons including: Identification of antisense transcripts, determination of the transcribed strand of noncoding RNA, and measurement of expression levels of coding or noncoding overlapping transcripts. Overall, the ability to determine the originating strand can substantially enhance the value of a RNA-seq experiment.
The NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit derives its directionality from the “dUTP” method for strand-specificity, with proven superiority for this application.
Also available without SPRIselect® beads for clean-up and size-selection steps.
- Get more of what you need, with the highest library yields
- Generate high quality libraries even when you have only limited amounts of input RNA:
- 10 ng – 1 µg Total RNA (polyA mRNA workflow)
- 5 ng – 1 µg Total RNA (rRNA depletion workflow)
- Minimize bias, with fewer PCR cycles required
- Increase the complexity and transcript coverage of your libraries
- Optimize your time with streamlined workflows, reduced hands-on time, and automation compatibility
- Rely on robust performance, even with low quality RNA, including FFPE
- Enjoy the flexibility and reliability of the gold standard SPRIselect size selection and clean-up beads, supplied in just the amounts you need
Please note that adaptors, primers, rRNA depletion reagents and poly(A) mRNA isolation reagents are not included in the kit and are available separately.
For extensive NEBNext Ultra II performance data, click the links in the Features above and download our technical note for poly(A) mRNA isolation or our technical note for rRNA depletion.
View additional data on library yields.
GC CONTENT DISTRIBUTION
View additional data on library quality.
MAXIMIZING TRANSCRIPT COVERAGE
View additional data on transcript coverage.
SUPERIOR LIBRARY COMPLEXITY AT LOW INPUT AMOUNTS
View additional data on library complexity.
SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE WITH FFPE RNA
View additional data on FFPE RNA samples.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
|Store at (°C)||Concentration
|NEBNext First Strand Synthesis Enzyme Mix||-20||
|NEBNext Strand Specificity Reagent||-20||
|NEBNext Second Strand Synthesis Reaction Buffer with dUTP Mix||-20||10X
|NEBNext Ultra II End Prep Enzyme Mix||-20||
|NEBNext Ultra II End Prep Reaction Buffer||-20||
|NEBNext Ultra II Ligation Master Mix||-20||
|NEBNext Ligation Enhancer||-20||
|NEBNext USER Enzyme||-20||
|NEBNext® Ultra II Q5® Master Mix||-20||2X
|NEBNext Adaptor Dilution Buffer||-20||
|NEBNext® Sample Purification Beads||25||
|NEBNext First Strand Synthesis Reaction Buffer||-20||
|NEBNext Second Strand Synthesis Enzyme Mix||-20||
|(0.1X) TE Buffer||-20||0.1X