T4 DNA Ligase
- Catalyzes the formation of a phosphodiester bond between juxtaposed 5' phosphate and 3' hydroxyl termini in duplex DNA or RNA.
- This enzyme will join blunt end and cohesive end termini as well as repair single stranded nicks in duplex DNA and some DNA/RNA hybrids (1).
- T4 DNA ligase will seal nicks for these DNA substrates.
- The industry standard for performance and quality
- Not sure which ligase to choose? Refer to our DNA and RNA Ligase Properties Chart
Quick Tips - Do I need a 5' phosphate for ligation?
Quick Tips - Electroporation after ligation
Quick Tips - How do I calculate how much DNA to add to a ligation reaction?
Quick Tips - Troubleshooting problematic ligation reactions
Quick Tips - Why is there precipitate in my T4 DNA ligase buffer?
Quick Tip - What is the ideal incubation temperature for ligation?
Quick Tip - When is a long incubation time necessary for ligation?
What are the best conditions for DNA ligation?
Ordering InformationDid you know this product can be customized or purchased in larger volumes? Submit an inquiry to find out more about customization options.
For details on NEB's quality controls for DNA ligases, visit our Ligase Quality page.
- Isolated from a recombinant source
- Supplied with 10X Reaction Buffer
Product SourcePurified from E. coli C600 pcl857 pPLc28 lig8 (2).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration T4 DNA Ligase Reaction Buffer -20 10 X
- Product Categories:
- DNA Ligases
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.