Monarch® RNA Cleanup Kit (10 μg)
The Monarch RNA Cleanup Kit (10 µg) enables fast and simple purification and concentration of up to 10 µg of RNA from enzymatic reactions.
- Ideal for cleanup and concentration of RNA after enzymatic treatments including DNase I, Proteinase K, labeling, capping or in vitro transcription (IVT)
- Elute in ≥ 6 µl for concentrated RNA
- 70-100% RNA recovery, even with inputs < 20 ng
- Efficiently purify RNA ≥ 25 nt (a simple modification enables purification of RNA ≥ 15 nt)
- Can be used to purify RNA from the aqueous phase following TRIzol® or similar extractions
- Simplified workflow with a single wash buffer
- Unique column design prevents buffer carryover and elution of silica particulates
- Columns and buffers are available separately
- Purified RNA is ready for use in a wide variety of downstream applications
Monarch® RNA Cleanup Protocol
The Monarch RNA Cleanup Kit (10 µg) rapidly and reliably purifies up to 10 μg of concentrated, high-quality RNA (> 25 nt) from enzymatic reactions including labeling, capping, in vitro transcription (IVT) and DNase I treatment. This kit utilizes a bind/wash/elute workflow with minimal incubation and spin times. Our unique column design ensures zero buffer retention and no carryover of contaminants, enabling elution of sample in volumes as low as 6 μl. Eluted RNA is ready for use in a variety of downstream applications, including RT-PCR, RNA Library Prep for NGS and RNA labelling. The protocol can also be modified to enable the purification of smaller RNA fragments (≥ 15 nts).
Designed with sustainability in mind, Monarch kits use significantly less plastic and responsibly-sourced, recyclable packaging.
Specifications and Applications:
SPECIFICATIONS RNA Sample Type Cleanup and concentration of RNA from enzymatic reactions (labeling, capping, in vitro transcription reactions, DNase I treatment) Binding Capacity 10 μg RNA Size Range ≥ 25 nt ( ≥ 15 nt with modified protocol) Typical Recovery 70–100% Elution Volume 6–20 µl Purity A260/280 > 1.8 and A260/230 > 1.8 Protocol Time 5 minutes of spin and incubation time Compatible Downstream Applications RT-PCR, Small RNA library prep for NGS, RNA Library Prep for NGS
APPLICATIONS RNA Cleanup and Concentration (including from the TRIzol aqueous phase) RNA purified by other methods can be further purified Enzymatic Reaction Cleanup Enzymes such as RNA polymerases, DNase I, Proteinase K and phosphatases are removed allowing efficient desalting In vitro Transcription Cleanup Enzymes and excess NTPs are removed to yield highly pure synthesized RNA RNA Gel Extraction Purification of RNA from agarose gels RNA Fractionation Fractionation of RNA into small and large RNA pools
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration Nuclease-free Water 25 Monarch® Collection Tubes II 25 Monarch® RNA Cleanup Columns (10 μg) 25 Monarch® RNA Cleanup Binding Buffer 25 Monarch® RNA Cleanup Wash Buffer 25
- Product Categories:
- RNA Cleanup Products,
- RNA Reagents Products,
- RNA Extraction & Purification Products ,
- Nucleic Acid Purification Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Monarch® RNA Cleanup Protocol
Tips for successful RNA Cleanup using the Monarch® RNA Cleanup Kits
Avoiding RNase Contamination
How to recycle your Monarch Kit components
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.