E. coli RNA Polymerase, Core Enzyme
E. coli RNA Polymerase, Core Enzyme consists of 5 subunits designated α, α, β´, β, and ω.
- Free of sigma factor and does not recognize any specific bacterial or phage DNA promoters.
- Retains the ability to transcribe RNA from nonspecific initiation sequences.
- Addition of sigma factors will allow the enzyme to initiate RNA synthesis from specific bacterial and phage promoters.
- The core enzyme has a molecular weight of approximately 400 kDa.
Avoiding RNase Contamination
Product SourceE. coli RNA Polymerase, Core Enzyme is isolated from E. coli strain BL21.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration E.coli RNA Polymerase Reaction Buffer -20 5X
- Product Categories:
- RNA Synthesis Products
- RNA Analysis
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.