To help select the best DNA assembly method for your needs, please use our Synthetic Biology/DNA Assembly Selection Chart.
DNA Assembly and Cloning includes these areas of focus:
Protocols for DNA Assembly and Cloning
- Improved method for assembly of linear yeast expression cassette using NEBuilder® HiFi DNA Assembly Master Mix
- Improved methods for site-directed mutagenesis using Gibson Assembly Master Mix
- Improved methods for site-directed mutagenesis using NEBuilder® HiFi DNA Assembly Master Mix
Molecular Cloning Technical Guide
The Molecular Cloning Technical Guide helps with product selection, protocols, tips for optimization and trouble-shooting.
Reagents and Tools for Molecular Cloning
Learn about recommended products for cloning in our Reagents and Tools for Molecular Cloning Brochure.
- Gibson Assembly® - Building a Synthetic Biology Toolset
- Restriction Endonucleases: Molecular Cloning and Beyond
- Synthetic Genomics: Building a Better Bacterium
- Synthetic Biology/DNA Assembly Selection Chart
- PCR Troubleshooting Guide
- Troubleshooting Guide for Cloning
- Troubleshooting Tips for Ligation Reactions
Other Tools & Resources
- Binder A, Lambert J, Morbitzer R, Popp C, Ott T, Lahaye T, Parniske M 2014. A Modular Plasmid Assembly Kit for Multigene Expression, Gene Silencing and Silencing Rescue in Plants PLoS One. 9(2), PubMedID: 24551083, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0088218
- Feng Y, Zhang S, Huang X 2014. A robust TALENs system for highly efficient mammalian genome editing Sci Rep. 4, PubMedID: 24407151, DOI: 10.1038/srep03632
- Abil Z, Denard CA, Zhao H 2014. Modular assembly of designer PUF proteins for specific post-transcriptional regulation of endogenous RNA J Biol Eng. 8(1), PubMedID: 24581042, DOI: 10.1186/1754-1611-8-7
Publications related to DNA Assembly and Cloning
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn how you can use NEBuilder HiFi to generate an sgRNA-Cas9 expression vector with a single-stranded oligo bridge.
Find out how NEBuilder® HiFi DNA Assembly can reliably join DNA fragments in a single tube, isothermal reaction, with advantages over NEB Gibson Assembly®.
In this webinar, we will explore some of the latest applications for NEBuilder HiFi DNA Assembly. View full Q & A summary.
Did you know that one of the advantages of NEBuilder HiFi is that it removes 3’ and 5’ -end mismatch sequences prior to fragment assembly? Learn how!
Learn how NEBuilder® HiFi DNA Assembly bridges dsDNA with a ssDNA oligo.
Primer Design and Fragment Assembly Using NEBuilder® HiFi DNA Assembly or Gibson Assembly® E5510 E5520
Watch an interactive tutorial on primer design to see how simple it really is to clone with either NEBuilder HiFi DNA Assembly or the Gibson Assembly Cloning Kit.