T4 RNA Ligase 2 (dsRNA Ligase)
T4 RNA Ligase 2 ligates nicks in dsRNA and can also be used to ligate the 3´ OH of RNA to the 5´ phosphate of DNA in a double stranded structure.
- Best choice for ligating nicks in dsRNA
- Suitable for ligating 3' OH of RNA to 5' phosphate of DNA in a DNA/RNA hybrid
- Isolated from a recombinant source
- Supplied with 10X Reaction Buffer
- Tested for the absence of endonucleases, exonucleases and RNases
- Not sure which ligase to choose? Refer to our DNA and RNA Ligase Properties Chart
Ordering InformationDid you know this product can be customized or purchased in larger volumes? Submit an inquiry to find out more about customization options.
T4 RNA Ligase 2, also known as T4 Rnl2 (gp24.1), has both intermolecular and intramolecular RNA strand joining activity (1-3). Unlike T4 RNA Ligase 1 (NEB #M0204), T4 RNA Ligase 2 is much more active joining nicks on double stranded RNA than on joining the ends of single stranded RNA. The enzyme requires an adjacent 5´ phosphate and 3´ OH for ligation. The enzyme can also ligate the 3´ OH of RNA to the 5´ phosphate of DNA in a double stranded structure (4).
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries the T4 RNA Ligase 2 gene (I. Schildkraut).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration T4 Rnl2 Reaction Buffer -20 10 X
- Product Categories:
- RNA Ligases Products
- RNA Characterization & Modification
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.