T4 DNA Polymerase
T4 DNA Polymerase catalyzes the synthesis of DNA in the 5´→ 3´ direction and requires the presence of template and primer.
- Gap filling (no strand displacement activity)
- Removal of 3’ overhangs or fill-in of 5’ overhangs to form blunt ends
- Lacks 5’ —> 3’ exonuclease activity
- Probe labeling using replacement synthesis
- Singe-strand deletion subcloning
DNA Blunting Tutorial
T4 DNA Polymerase catalyzes the synthesis of DNA in the 5´→ 3´ direction and requires the presence of template and primer. This enzyme has a 3´→ 5´ exonuclease activity which is much more active than that found in DNA Polymerase I (E. coli). Unlike E. coli DNA Polymerase I, T4 DNA Polymerase does not have a 5´→ 3´ exonuclease function.
Product SourcePurified from a strain of E. coli that carries the T4 DNA Polymerase gene.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration NEBuffer™ 2.1 -20 10X
- Product Categories:
- DNA Manipulation Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.