PURExpress® In Vitro Protein Synthesis Kit
PURExpress® is a reconstituted protein synthesis system based on the PUREsystem™ (Shimizu et al., 2001) where all necessary components needed for in vitro transcription and translation are purified from E. coli.
- Defined system with all his-tagged proteins for coupled transcription/translation; Ribosome is not his-tagged
- Minimal nuclease and protease activity
- Protein of interest can be synthesized and visualized in a few hours
- Simple protocol and easy setup with Solutions A and B
- Templates can be either plasmid DNA, linear DNA or mRNA
- Synthesized protein can be co-translationally radiolabeled or fluorescently labeled
- Protein can be reverse-purified or subject to direct functional analysis
- Applications include high throughput screening/directed evolution, synthetic biology, toxic or difficult to express protein synthesis, studies on protein folding, activity and protein-protein interactions
- Due to reconstituted nature several kits are offered where translation factors or macromolecules have been omitted to facilitate specific studies (see companion products)
A rapid method for gene expression analysis, PURExpress® is a novel cell-free transcription/translation system reconstituted from the purified components necessary for E. coli translation. With minimal nuclease and protease activity, the PURExpress system preserves the integrity of DNA and RNA templates/complexes and results in proteins that are free of modification and degradation. Transcription and translation are carried out in a one-step reaction, and require the mixing of only two tubes. With results available in a few hours, PURExpress saves valuable laboratory time and is ideal for high throughput technologies.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration PURExpress Solution A -80 Control (DHFR) template (10 μl) -80 Solution B (75 μl) -80 3.3 X
- Product Categories:
- Cell-Free Expression
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.