Q5® Site-Directed Mutagenesis Kit (Without Competent Cells)
The Q5® Site-Directed Mutagenesis Kit (Without Competent Cells) enables rapid, site-specific mutagenesis of double-stranded plasmid DNA in less than 2 hours.
- Non-overlapping primer design ensures robust, exponential amplification, generating a high percentage of desired mutations from a wide range of templates
- Intramolecular ligation and transformation into NEB high-efficiency competent cells results in high colony yield
- Extremely low error rate of Q5 Hot Start High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase reduces screening time
- Hot start polymerase enables room temperature reaction setup
- DpnI background reduction permits a wide range of starting template concentrations
- Use of standard primers eliminates additional expenses from phosphorylated or purified oligos
- Easy-to-use PCR master mix and unique multi-enzyme KLD mix offer convenience and quality
- Rapid and direct treatment step proceeds at room temperature in 5 minutes
- Allows the use of any chemically-competent E. coli cells suitable for cloning
- Use NEBaseChanger to generate primer sequences and an annealing temperature
Quick Tips - How can I improve the efficiency of the DpnI digestion?
Quick Tips - Why do I have so many wildtype colonies?
Quick Tips - Can I make multiple mutations with the Q5 site-directed mutagenesis kit?
Overview of the Q5® Site-Directed Mutagenesis Kit
Troubleshooting tips for Q5 Site-Directed Mutagenesis Kit
The Q5 Site-Directed Mutagenesis Kit (Without Competent Cells) enables rapid, site-specific mutagenesis of double-stranded plasmid DNA in less than 2 hours (Figure 1). The kit utilizes the robust Q5 Hot Start High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase along with custom mutagenic primers to create insertions, deletions and substitutions in a wide variety of plasmids. After PCR, the amplified material is added directly to a unique Kinase-Ligase-DpnI (KLD) enzyme mix for rapid (5 minutes), room temperature circularization and template removal (Figure 2). Transformation into high-efficiency chemically-competent E. coli, not supplied, ensures robust results with plasmids up to at least 20 kb in length.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration KLD Reaction Buffer -20 2 X Q5® Hot Start High-Fidelity 2X Master Mix -20 2 X KLD Enzyme Mix -20 10 X Control SDM Plasmid -20 5 μg/ml Control SDM Primer Mix -20 10 μM
- Product Categories:
- DNA Assembly, Cloning and Mutagenesis Kits
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.