Next generation sequencing (NGS) instrument capacity has exploded in recent years, with no signs of retreating; simply put, more samples means more library prep needed upstream of sequencing. NGS library prep automation – essentially, robotic liquid handling automation optimized for plate-based work – alleviates the need to substantially increase a laboratory’s headcount to double, quadruple, or more its NGS output.
NEBNext® kits are designed with automation in mind:
- Fewer components simplify automation setup
- Streamlined workflows minimize tip consumption and the risk of pipetting errors
- Less cleanup-bead consumption reduces cost-per-reaction
- Lower input amounts enable improved sequencing results with less sample
- Robust reagents enable reliable library prep with high quality and yields
- Sufficient component fill volumes for automation compatibility
- One central workflow (NEBNext Ultra™ II DNA) is the core of the majority of the NEBNext workflows
- Modularity of workflows allows maximum flexibility with minimal effort
NEBNext reagents have been automated on various liquid handling automation platforms, including:
Several applications have already been automated with NEBNext reagents, such as:
Automated library prep will save you time, but installing an automation script on your liquid handling robot can be labor intensive. Our in-house automation experts can help! Reach out and tell them about your project(s) today.
- Automated size selection of NEBNext® Small RNA libraries with the Sage Pippin Prep™
- Automated Directional RNA-seq Library Preparation using the Biomek FXP Liquid Handler
- Automated DNA Library Construction Using the NEBNext Ultra DNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina® on the Beckman Coulter® Biomek FXP Automated Liquid Handler
- Flexible Preparation of High Quality NGS DNA Libraries with the NEBNext Ultra II DNA Library Prep Kit on the Tecan Freedom Evo NGS Workstation
- Automated library preparation using NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina on the epMotion 5075t
- Fully Automated NEBNext Direct Genotyping Solution using Beckman Coulter Life Sciences Biomek i7 Workstation
- Biomek i-Series Automated New England Biolabs NEBNext® Ultra™ II DNA Library Prep Kit
Products and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn how Biomek automation of NEBNext RNA library preparation enables high-throughput, reproducible production of libraries with high yield and complexity. In this webinar Zach Smith from Beckman Coulter describes strand-specific RNA library preparation using the NEBNext Ultra Directional RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina and discusses Biomek automation of this method.
Learn how Biomek automation of NEBNext DNA library preparation for Ion Torrent enables high-throughput, reproducible production of libraries with high yield and complexity. In this webinar Joanna Hamilton from Dartmouth Genomics & Molecular Biology Shared Resource, Lynne Apone from New England Biolabs and Zach Smith from Beckman Coulter describe the NEBNext Fast Fragmentation & DNA Library Prep kit for Ion Torrent, automation of this method and implementation in multiple workflows in a sequencing core lab.