RNA can be detected, quantified and manipulated through copying via the use of reverse transcriptases (RTs), which are RNA-dependent DNA polymerases. RTs synthesize a strand of DNA that is complementary to the original RNA template and is referred to as cDNA. This cDNA can then be further amplified through PCR, qPCR, or isothermally using, for example, one-step RT-LAMP. Alternately, the cDNA can be used in library preparation for next generation sequencing.
New England Biolabs provides a broad variety of reverse transcriptases and kits for use in these experiments. In addition to stand alone enzymes such as ProtoScript II, NEB provides a number of optimized kits for RT-qPCR, RT-PCR, RNA Seq and isothermal RNA detection.
- cDNA synthesis in oligo (dT)25 magnetic beads (S1419)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Standard Protocol) (NEB #M0277)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (No-RT Negative Control Reaction) (NEB #M0277)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (No-RT Negative Control Reaction) (NEB #M0253)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (No-RT Negative Control Reaction) (NEB #M0368)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Quick Protocol) (NEB #M0253)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Quick Protocol) (NEB #M0277)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Quick Protocol) (NEB #M0368)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Standard Protocol) (NEB #M0253)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis (Standard Protocol) (NEB #M0368)
- First strand cDNA synthesis OneTaq® RT-PCR Kit
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis Protocols (E6300)
- First Strand cDNA Synthesis Protocols (E6560)
- Isolation of mRNA Using the PolyA Spin™ mRNA Isolation Kit
- One-Step RT-PCR Protocols (E5315)
- PCR Amplification with OneTaq® RT-PCR Kit
- Protocol for Avoiding Rnase Contamination using Murine Rnase Inhibitor (M0314)
- Protocol for Avoiding Rnase Contamination using Rnase Inhibitor, Human Placenta (M0307)
- Typical cDNA Synthesis Protocol
- Typical RT-LAMP Protocol
Latest NEB Expressions
This edition of NEB expressions discusses breakthroughs in Golden Gate Assembly research, that now enables 20+ fragment assembly with high efficiency and accuracy. New products include the NEBNext® Single Cell/Low Input RNA Library Prep Kit and the NEBNext Direct® Custom Ready Panels for NGS Target Enrichment. Lastly, learn about the importance of basic research at NEB in an interview with NEB’s Research Director.
Luna Universal qPCR And RT-qPCR
Make a simpler choice with Luna! Learn about the advantages of choosing Luna products for your qPCR & RT-qPCR, and see how Luna products compare to other commercially available reagents.
The PCR brochure provides product information on the wide range of DNA polymerases available from NEB, including tools for selection and troubleshooting tips.
RNA Technical Guide
Find in depth information on tools designed to streamline your RNA workflows, including RNA extraction & purification, qPCR and RT-qPCR, RNA-seq, RNA synthesis and gRNA synthesis.
- Avoiding Ribonuclease Contamination
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn how we analyzed plates and plates of qPCR data, and how Luna stacks up to the competition.