CpG Methyltransferase (M.SssI)
- Blocking restriction enzyme cleavage
- Studying of CpG methylation-dependent gene expression
- Probing sequence-specific contacts within the major groove of DNA
- Altering the physical properties of DNA
- Uniform (3H)-labeling of DNA
- Decreasing the number of sites cut by restriction endonucleases, yielding an apparent increase in specificity
The CpG Methyltransferase, M.SssI, methylates all cytosine residues (C5) within the double-stranded dinucleotide recognition sequence 5'...CG...3' (1).
Product SourceThe CpG Methyltransferase(M.SssI) is isolated from a strain of E. coli. which contains the Methyltransferase gene from Spiroplasma sp. strain MQ1 (2,3).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration NEBuffer™ 2 -20 10 X S-adenosylmethionine (SAM) -20 32 mM
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.