Sample Preparation for Next Generation Sequencing
Library preparation is a critical part of the next generation sequencing workflow; successful sequencing requires the generation of high quality libraries of sufficient yield and quality from ever-decreasing input quantities as well as from samples of lower quality. At the same time, there is a need for faster, automatable protocols that perform reliably without compromising the quality of the libraries produced.
To meet these growing challenges, the NEBNext suite of products continues to evolve to support next generation sequencing with sample preparation tools that streamline workflows, minimize inputs, and improve library yields and quality.
Benefits of NEBNext®
- A broad selection of kits for sample preparation of DNA, ChIP DNA, and RNA, including single cell and small RNA
- Optimized formulations for reduced workflow times and ever-decreasing input amounts
- Extensive quality controls and functional validation for all kits
- Multiple workflow formats for maximum convenience and flexibility
- Best-in-class technical support from NEB scientists and staff
- A proven track record, with mention in over 1,000 publications to-date
Learn more about the streamlined workflow for the NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit.
This video walks you through the size selection and cleanup steps using the NEBNext Ultra II DNA
Optimizing DNA inputs for NGS library prep is an important step, if you want to ensure a high-quality library. Start by following these tips.
Select your application
- DNA Library Prep – Fast, streamlined workflows and novel reagents for a broad range of input amounts
- FFPE DNA – Repair DNA damage caused by FFPE treatment, and perform high-efficiency library prep
- ChIP-Seq Library Prep – High-efficiency, streamlined workflows for low input amounts of DNA
- RNA Library Prep – Novel reagents and streamlined workflows for directional and non-directional RNA, rRNA depletion, mRNA enrichment, and single cells
- Target Enrichment – High-quality library generation in a single day with the unique hybridization-based NEBNext Direct® technology
- Microbiome DNA Enrichment – Separation of microbiome DNA from contaminating host DNA from low input amounts
- Library Quantitation – Accurate and reproducible quantitation of Illumina libraries, with a user-friendly workflow
Illumina® is a registered trademark of Illumina, Inc. Ion Torrent™ is a trademark of Life Technologies, Inc.
What's New with NEBNext®?
- New! NEBNext® Enzymatic Methyl-seq- a new alternative to bisulfite sequencing
- New! The NEBNext® Magnetic Separation Rack: custom-designed for NGS magnetic bead separations.
- New! Rapid customization of targeted gene panels with NEBNext Direct® Custom Ready
- Library prep for single cell and ultra-low input RNA
- 96 unique dual index pairs
- Request a sample of Ultra II FS, and combine reliable DNA fragmentation with library prep
- See what users are saying about our Ultra II RNA kits
Featured NEBNext® productsRequest a Sample
Featured Tools and Resources
For help with selecting a product, try our interactive online tool