Sample Preparation for Next Generation Sequencing
Library preparation is a critical part of the next generation sequencing workflow; successful sequencing requires the generation of high quality libraries of sufficient yield and quality from ever-decreasing input quantities as well as from samples of lower quality. At the same time, there is a need for faster, automatable protocols that perform reliably without compromising the quality of the libraries produced.
To meet these growing challenges, the NEBNext suite of products continues to evolve to support next generation sequencing with sample preparation tools that streamline workflows, minimize inputs, and improve library yields and quality.
Benefits of NEBNext®
- A broad selection of kits for sample preparation of DNA, ChIP DNA, RNA and small RNA
- Optimized formulations for reduced workflow times and ever-decreasing input amounts
- Extensive quality controls and functional validation for all kits
- Multiple workflow formats for maximum convenience and flexibility
- Best-in-class technical support from NEB scientists and staff
- A proven track record, with mention in over 1,000 publications to-date
Using beads to clean up your DNA prior to NGS library prep can be quick and easy, if you follow these few, simple tips.
This video walks you through DNA Library Preparation using the NEBNext Ultra II DNA Library Prep Kit. The video also includes tips for optimization as well as safe stopping points.
Get a quick overview of NGS library preparation from an NEB scientist.
Select your application
- DNA Library Prep – Fast, streamlined workflows and novel reagents for a broad range of input amounts
- FFPE DNA – Repair DNA damage caused by FFPE treatment, and perform high-efficiency library prep
- ChIP-Seq Library Prep – High-efficiency, streamlined workflows for low input amounts of DNA
- RNA Library Prep – Novel reagents and streamlined workflows for directional and non-directional RNA, rRNA depletion and mRNA enrichment
- Target Enrichment – High-quality library generation in a single day with the unique hybridization-based NEBNext Direct® technology
- Microbiome DNA Enrichment – Separation of microbiome DNA from contaminating host DNA from low input amounts
- Library Quantitation – Accurate and reproducible quantitation of Illumina libraries, with a user-friendly workflow
Illumina® is a registered trademark of Illumina, Inc. Ion Torrent™ is a trademark of Life Technologies, Inc.
What's New with NEBNext®?
- Ultra II RNA kits (directional and non-directional) are now available!
- Take a look at the most recent NEBNext automation application notes
- Need more barcodes?
- NEBNext rRNA Depletion is now available with optional Agencourt® RNAClean® XP beads
- New white paper available: Overcoming the challenges of applying target enrichment for translational research
Featured NEBNext® products
|NEBNext Direct® Cancer HotSpot Panel|
|NEBNext® Ultra™ II DNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina®|
|NEBNext® Multiplex Small RNA Library Prep Set for Illumina® (Set 1)|
|NEBNext® Ultra™ II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina®|
Featured Tools and Resources
|The Quantitation Question: How does accurate library quantitation influence sequencing?|
|Addressing Challenges in Microbiome DNA Analysis|
|NEBNext Technical Guide for Illumina
|NEBNext Technical Guide for Ion Torrent|
For help with selecting a product, try our interactive online tool