As sequencing technologies improve and applications expand, the need for compatibility with ever-decreasing input amounts and sub-optimal sample quality grows. Scientists must balance reliability and performance with faster turnaround, higher throughput and automation compatibility.
For over 12 years, NEB has addressed these challenges by offering solutions that streamline sample prep workflows, minimize inputs and improve library yield and quality. The NEBNext portfolio includes solutions for DNA and RNA sample prep from a wide range of sample types. Use of NEBNext reagents has been cited in >17,000 peer-reviewed publications.
Most recently, in the COVID-19 pandemic, NEBNext® reagents are being employed in applications including targeted SARS-CoV-2 sequencing, host genomic sequencing and metagenomic sequencing. These include new NEBNext kits for the ARTIC SARS-CoV-2 workflow, compatible with Illumina® and Oxford Nanopore Technologies® sequencing. Optimized primers enable high coverage with variants including Omicron.
Benefits of NEBNext®
- A broad selection of kits for sample preparation of DNA and RNA, including single cell and small RNA
- Optimized formulations for reduced workflow times and ever-decreasing input amounts
- Extensive quality controls and functional validation for all kits
- Multiple workflow formats for maximum convenience and flexibility
- Best-in-class technical support from NEB scientists and staff
- A proven track record, with mention in over 17,000 publications to-date
Using large scale B cell receptor repertoire sequencing to further understand human autoimmune disease
This webinar, presented by Kevin C. O’Connor, focuses on using large scale B cell receptor repertoire sequencing to further understand autoimmune disease.
In this video Chris Mason discusses COVID-19 research and collaboration efforts including global metagenomics studies and SARS-CoV-2 detection via LAMP.
In this ESHG 2020 workshop, hear about methylation analysis of cfDNA samples, sample identification and tracking using a high-throughput SNP genotyping method and the importance of sample prep in large-scale sequencing pipelines.
This webinar from NEB®, EMBL and Beckman Coulter® Life Sciences discusses the development and verification of the automated NEBNext Direct® Genotyping Solution on the Beckman Coulter i7 workstation to achieve highly-multiplexed sample processing and meet the growing demands of plant and animal genotyping applications.
A workflow animation for an enzyme-based method for detection of 5mC and 5hmC, an alternative to bisulfite sequencing.
Learn more about the streamlined workflow for the NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit.
This video walks you through the size selection and cleanup steps using the NEBNext Ultra II DNA
Optimizing DNA inputs for NGS library prep is an important step, if you want to ensure a high-quality library. Start by following these tips for DNA quantification and assessing purity.
New Frontiers in Epigenomic Analysis - from Probing Disease Progression to Enhancing Sequencing Methodologies
This webinar covers sample preparation techniques that enable genome-wide surveying across a range of epigenetic factors including nucleosome mapping and methylation profiling.
Select your application
- DNA Library Prep – Fast, streamlined workflows and novel reagents for a broad range of input amounts
- FFPE DNA – Repair DNA damage caused by FFPE treatment, and perform high-efficiency library prep
- ChIP-Seq Library Prep – High-efficiency, streamlined workflows for low input amounts of DNA
- RNA Library Prep – Novel reagents and streamlined workflows for directional and non-directional RNA, depletion of abundant RNAs (rRNA and mRNA), mRNA enrichment, and single cells
- Target Enrichment – High-quality library generation in a single day with the unique hybridization-based NEBNext Direct® technology
- Microbiome DNA Enrichment – Separation of microbiome DNA from contaminating host DNA from low input amounts
- Library Quantitation – Accurate and reproducible quantitation of Illumina libraries, with a user-friendly workflow
Scroll through to see what we’ve been up to over the past 10 years!
Illumina® is a registered trademark of Illumina, Inc. Ion Torrent™ is a trademark of Life Technologies, Inc.
What's New with NEBNext®?
- New! Improved repair of FFPE DNA in NGS workflows
- New! Additional primer options for improved SARS-CoV-2 variant sequencing coverage
- New! Multiplex up to 480 reactions with the addition of Set 5 of our Unique Dual Index Primer Pairs
- The NEBNext Library Quant Kit now includes six standards for a broader standard curve
- The NEBNext Immune Sequencing Kits are available for Human or Mouse samples
- Kits and module for sequencing of SARS-CoV-2 using the ARTIC workflow
- UMI Adaptors for DNA-seq and RNA-seq
- The next generation of rRNA depletion for human, mouse and rat samples
- NEBNext® Enzymatic Methyl-seq- a new alternative to bisulfite sequencing
Featured NEBNext® productsRequest a Sample
Featured Tools and Resources
|NEBNext® Custom RNA Depletion Design Tool
For help with selecting a product, try our interactive online tool