β1-3 Galactosidase is a highly specific exoglycosidase that catalyzes the hydrolysis of β1-3 and, at a much lower rate, β1-6 linked galactose residues from oligosaccharides.
- Recombinant enzyme with no detectable endoglycosidase or other exoglycosidase contaminating activities
- Glycerol-free for optimal performance in HPLC and mass spectrometry analysis
- ≥95% purity, as determined by SDS-PAGE and intact ESI-MS
- Optimal activity and stability for up to 24 months
β1-3 Galactosidase is a highly specific exoglycosidase that catalyzes the hydrolysis of β1-3 and, at a much lower rate, β1-6 linked D-galactopyranosyl residues from oligosaccharides. The approximate kinetic data show > 100-fold preference for β1-3 over β1-6 linkages (1,2), and > 500-fold preference from β1-3 over β1-4 linkages (3).
Detailed Specificity: The GlcNAc(β1-6) residue is the only anomeric configuration that can effect the specificity of the enzyme enabling cleavage of the non-reducing β1-4Galactose (Fig. 1).
Product SourceCloned from Xanthomonas manihotis and expressed in E. coli at NEB (4).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration GlycoBuffer 1 -20 10X Purified BSA -20 100X
- Product Categories:
- Exoglycosidases Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Other Products You May Be Interested In
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.