Nuclease P1 is a zinc-dependent single-strand specific nuclease which hydrolyzes 3′->5′ phosphodiester bonds in RNA and ssDNA with no base specificity. Nuclease P1 also exhibits 3'-phosphomonoesterase activity.
- Supplied as a convenient, ready-to-use liquid format that is stable at -20°C for up to 24 months
- The updated unit definition makes it an easy drop-in replacement for Nuclease S1
Nuclease P1 can be used for the following applications:
- removing single stranded tails from DNA molecules to create blunt ended molecules
- cleavage of hairpin loops
- DNA or RNA base compositional analysis
- removal of nucleic acids during protein purification
Nuclease P1 (from P. citrinum) is a zinc-dependent single-strand specific nuclease which hydrolyzes 3′->5′ phosphodiester bonds in RNA and ssDNA with no base specificity. Nuclease P1 also exhibits 3′-phosphomonoesterase activity (1). Although a single-strand specific nuclease (ssDNA and RNA-specific), Nuclease P1 does display some activity toward dsDNA in Nuclease P1 Reaction Buffer. If preferentially degrading single-stranded nucleic acids (ssDNA or RNA) in the presence of double stranded DNA (dsDNA), we recommend using Nuclease P1 in 1X NEBuffer 1.1 to limit activity on dsDNA while maintaining single-strand nuclease activity.
Product SourceIsolated from Penicillium citrinum.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration Nuclease P1 Reaction Buffer -20 10X
- Product Categories:
- Nucleases Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Other Products You May Be Interested In
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.