- DNA specific exonuclease
- Cleaves linear single-stranded DNA in both the 3' to 5' and 5' to 3' directions
- Preferred substrate is linear single-stranded DNA
Exonuclease VII is ideal for:
- Removal of primers with or without 3' or 5' terminal phosphorothioate bonds
- Mapping positions of introns in genomic DNA
- Removal of single-stranded DNA, leaving behind the double-stranded DNA in a sample
Exonuclease VII, (Exo VII) derived from E. coli, cleaves single-stranded DNA (ssDNA) from both 5´→3´ and 3´→5´ direction. This enzyme is not active on linear or circular dsDNA (1,2). It is useful for removal of single stranded oligonucleotide primers (3) from a completed PCR reaction when different primers are required for subsequent PCR reactions. Digestion of ssDNA by Exonuclease VII is metal-independent.
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries cloned Exonuclease VII (XseA and XseB) genes from E. coli.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration Exonuclease VII Reaction Buffer -20 5 X
- Product Categories:
- Exonucleases and Non-specific Endonucleases Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.