E. coli DNA Ligase
- Selective ligation of nicks in dsDNA without significant joining of dsDNA fragments regardless of end type
- cDNA synthesis
- Not sure which ligase to choose? Refer to our DNA and RNA Ligase Properties Chart
E. coli DNA Ligase catalyzes the formation of a phosphodiester bond between the 5´-phosphate and the 3´-hydroxyl of two adjacent DNA strands in duplex DNA with cohesive ends. It is not appreciably active on blunt-ended substrates. E. coli DNA Ligase uses NAD as a cofactor and can be heat-inactivated. E. coli DNA Ligase is active at a range of temperatures (4° C – 37° C).
- Specific Activity: 6,000 units/mg
- Supplied with 10X Reaction Buffer
Product SourcePurified from E. coli strain containing a cloned E. coli DNA Ligase gene.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration E. coli DNA Ligase Reaction Buffer -20 10X
- Product Categories:
- DNA Ligases Products
- Non-Cloning Ligation
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.