- Double Digest Protocol with Standard Restriction Enzymes
- Optimizing Restriction Endonuclease Reactions
- Protocol for blunting ends by 3' overhang removal and fill-in of 3' recessed (5' overhang) ends using DNA Polymerase I, Large (Klenow) Fragment (M0210)
- Protocol for blunting ends by 3’ overhang removal and 3’ recessed (5’ overhang) end fill-in using T4 DNA Polymerase (M0203)
- Protocol for the Quick Blunting Kit (E1201)
- Removal of Single-Stranded Extension Protocol using Mung Bean Nuclease (M0250)
Molecular Cloning Technical Guide
Download the latest Molecular Cloning Technical Guide for help with product selection, protocols, tips for optimization and trouble-shooting.
Reagents & Tools for Molecular Cloning brochure
Learn about recommended products for cloning in our Reagents and Tools for Molecular Cloning Brochure.
- Blunting Selection Chart
- DNA Ligase Selection Chart
- Troubleshooting Guide for End Modification
- Troubleshooting Tips for Ligation Reactions
- Tips for Maximizing Ligation Efficiencies
- Traditional Cloning Quick Guide
The first step in determining how your ends will be blunted is to determine if they are 5´ or 3´ overhangs. This tutorial will teach you how to identify what type of overhang you have, as well as which enzyme will blunt that end, and how.