Random Primer Mix
- Random priming is widely used in first strand cDNA synthesis.
- Random Primer Mix is a ready-to-use optimized mixture of hexamers and anchored-dT primer (dT23VN).
- A mixture of hexamers and anchored-dT primer provides even and consistent coverage of the RNA template population across a wide range of RNA template concentration. In contrast, traditional random priming by hexamer has poor coverage of 3´ end of RNA templates (1,2,3).
We recommend using Random Primer Mix for reverse transcription of the following RNA templates:
- RNA without poly(A) tail such as ribosomal RNAs.
- RNA with strong secondary structures.
- Partially degraded RNA samples.
- Target regions at 5´ end of a long messenger RNA transcript.
- Product Categories:
- Reverse Transcriptases & RT-PCR Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.