Cloning Competent E.coli Sampler
Not sure which cloning strain to choose? The NEB Cloning Competent E.coli Sampler allows you to sample 4 of our popular chemically competent strains. The Sampler includes:
- NEB 5-alpha: Our best-selling strain for basic cloning; Derivative of the popular DH5α. It is T1 phage resistant and endA deficient for high-quality plasmid preparations.
- NEB 10-beta: derivative of the popular DH10B. It is T1 phage resistant and endonuclease I (endA1) deficient for high-quality plasmid preparations.
- NEB Stable: Ideal for isolation of plasmid clones containing repeat elements and unstable inserts. Useful for isolating and propagating retroviral/lentiviral clones
- NEB Turbo: Features fast colony growth (6.5 hours) and tight expression control (lacIq). Isolate DNA after only 4 hours of growth
Tips for Successful Transformations with NEB Competent Cells
How to Perform a Transformation with NEB Competent Cells
A sample pack of four cloning strains of E. Coli suitable for high efficiency transformation.
- Transformation efficiencies of 1-3 x 109 cfu/μg pUC19 DNA
- Resistance to phage T1 (fhuA2)
- Outgrowth medium and control plasmid included
- Free of animal products
- Value pricing
- No dry ice charges
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration SOC Outgrowth Medium 4 NEB® 10-beta/Stable Outgrowth Medium 4 1 X NEB® Turbo Competent E. coli (High Efficiency) -80 NEB® 5-alpha Competent E. coli (High Efficiency) -80 NEB® 10-beta Competent E. coli (High Efficiency) -80 NEB® Stable Competent E. coli (High Efficiency) -80 pUC19 Vector -20 0.05 ng/μl
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.