Gel Loading Dye, Orange (6X)
Gel Loading Dye, Orange (6X) is an Orange G-based loading dye for convenient gel loading and sharp bands
- For use with agarose and non-denaturing polyacrylamide gels
- Contains SDS for improved band sharpness
- Contains EDTA to stop enzymatic reactions
- Orange G will not appear in gel photographs
- You may also be interested in our Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X) with and without SDS, for sharp bands and no UV shadow.
Gel Loading Dye, Orange (6X) is a pre-mixed loading buffer with a tracking dye for agarose and non-denaturing polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. This solution contains SDS, which often results in sharper bands, as some restriction enzymes are known to remain bound to their DNA substrates following cleavage. EDTA is also included to chelate magnesium (up to 10 mM) in enzymatic reactions, thereby stopping the reaction. Orange G will not appear in gel photographs, and runs ahead of all but the smallest restriction fragments. Orange G migrates at approximately 50 bp on a standard 1% TBE agarose gel. This product is packaged as 4x1 ml vials.
- FAQs & Tech Tips
- Protocols & Manuals
- Other Tools & Resources
- Quality & Safety
- Legal Information
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at email@example.com or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.