For almost 50 years, NEB® has been a world leader in the discovery and production of reagents for the life science industry. Our enzymology expertise effectively positions us to supply reagents for the synthesis of high-quality RNA – from template generation and transcription, to capping, tailing and cleanup after synthesis. These products are designed and manufactured based on decades of molecular biology experience, so that you can be confident they will work for your application.
From research to therapeutic production, NEB’s in vitro transcription portfolio will meet your needs
NEB’s portfolio of research-grade and GMP-grade* products enables bench-scale to commercial-scale mRNA manufacturing. Our optimized HiScribe® kits enable convenient in vitro transcription (IVT) workflows. When it is time to scale up and optimize reaction components, our standalone reagents are readily available in formats matching our GMP-grade offering, enabling a seamless transition to large-scale therapeutic mRNA manufacturing.
Enabling gram-scale RNA synthesis
NEB manufactures and inventories the following enzyme specificities at GMP-grade, meeting customer needs with short lead times:
- Vaccinia Capping Enzyme (NEB #M0280) – A full system for enzymatic capping based on the Vaccinia virus Capping Enzyme (VCE)
- Faustovirus Capping Enzyme (NEB #M0281) – Improved capping efficiency and broad temperature range compared to Vaccinia Capping enzyme
- T7 RNA Polymerase (NEB #M0251) – RNA Polymerase used for in vitro mRNA synthesis, and is highly specific for the T7 phage promoter
- mRNA Cap 2′-O-Methyltransferase (NEB #M0366) – mRNA Cap 2´-O-Methyltransferase adds a methyl group at the 2′-O position of the first nucleotide adjacent to the cap structure at the 5´ end of the RNA
- RNase Inhibitor, Murine (NEB #M0314) – RNase Inhibitor, Murine, specifically inhibits RNases A, B and C
- Pyrophosphatase, Inorganic (E. coli) (NEB #M0361) – Inorganic pyrophosphatase (PPase) catalyzes the hydrolysis of inorganic pyrophosphate to form orthophosphate
- DNase I (RNase-free) (NEB #M0303) – DNA-specific endonuclease used for removal of contaminating genomic DNA from RNA samples and degradation of DNA templates in transcription reactions
- HiScribe T7 High Yield RNA Synthesis Components (NEB #E2040) – Separate components available in GMP-grade format
- BspQI (NEB #R0712) – Type IIS restriction enzyme and Isoschizomer of LguI and SapI used to linearize plasmid DNA for mRNA therapeutics
- BsaI-HF®v2 (NEB #R3733) – Type IIS restriction enzyme recognizing asymmetric DNA sequences and cleave outside of their recognition sequence
|Not sure whether you need research-grade or GMP-grade products?
Learn more about the difference between GMP-grade and research-grade products
|= available in GMP-grade
|Functional expression of active green fluorescent protein in HEK 293
cells after transfection of capped poly-adenylated mRNA demonstrates
qualitative equivalence of GMP-grade and research-grade reagents.
Products and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. See www.neb.com/trademarks. The use of products may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Inquire about GMP-grade reagents
Want to learn more about our offerings?Contact NEB
Learn how NEB helped a startup company manufacturing a novel therapeutic with GMP-grade enzyme.