Learn more about NEB's extensive selection of DNA Ligases.
Protocols for Cloning Ligation
- Ligation Protocol for Cloning with Blunt/TA Ligase Master Mix (M0367)
- Ligation Protocol for Cloning with ElectroLigase® (M0369)
- Ligation Protocol for Cloning with Instant Sticky-end Ligase Master Mix (M0370)
- Ligation Protocol with T3 DNA Ligase (M0317)
- Ligation Protocol with T4 DNA Ligase (M0202)
- Ligation Protocol with T7 DNA Ligase (M0318)
- Protocol for 9°N DNA Ligase (M0238)
- Protocol for Taq DNA Ligase (M0208)
- Quick Ligation Protocol (M2200)
- Transformation Protocol
- Transformation Protocol (M0367)
- Transformation Protocol (M0369)
- Transformation Protocol (M0370)
Application Notes Cloning Ligation
DNA Ligase Brochure
The DNA Ligase brochure provides information about the extensive selection of DNA ligases and ligases master mixes available from NEB.
Molecular Cloning Technical Guide
Download the latest Molecular Cloning Technical Guide for help with product selection, protocols, tips for optimization and trouble-shooting.
Reagents & Tools for Molecular Cloning brochure
Learn about recommended products for cloning in our Reagents and Tools for Molecular Cloning Brochure.
- DNA Ligase Selection Chart
- Troubleshooting Guide for Cloning
- Troubleshooting Guide for Ligases
- Troubleshooting Tips for Ligation Reactions
- Tips for Maximizing Ligation Efficiencies
Other Tools & Resources
Ligation, the process of joining DNA fragments with a DNA ligase, proceeds in three steps. Learn more about ligation with our quick animation.
Ligation of blunt ends and single-base overhangs require optimized reaction conditions.
The optimal reactant ratio is contingent upon the downstream application.
Find out how the downstream application dictates the best reaction conditions for ligation.
Polyethylene glycol (PEG) is an important reagent in ligation reactions, find out why.
NEB continues to develop and produce the most extensive commercially available selection of high-quality, and performance-optimized DNA ligases and ligase master mixes for your ligation needs.