Guidelines for RNA Purification from Leukocytes (WBCs, PBMCs)
- The Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit (NEB #T2010) can be used to purify up to 1x107 Leukocytes (WBCs, PBMCs).
- Be sure to use a 1X solution of Monarch DNA/RNA Protection Reagent. A 1X solution is prepared by diluting the necessary volume of the supplied 2X concentrate with an equal volume of nuclease-free water.
- For samples stored in Monarch DNA/RNA Protection Reagent, allow samples to equilibrate to room temperature prior to processing. Ensure the volume of Protection Reagent is consistent with protocol recommendations and adjust if necessary.
- Perform the Proteinase K digestion for 30 minutes at 55°C to ensure complete digestion.
- Addition of Monarch RNA Lysis Buffer (NEB #T2012) and all subsequent steps should be performed at room temperature.