Typical Reaction Conditions for β1-4 Galactosidase S (P0745)
- Combine 1 μg of glycoprotein or 100 nM of oligosaccharide and H2O (if necessary) in a total reaction volume of 9 μl.
- Add 1 μl of GlycoBuffer 1 (10X) to make a 10 μl total reaction volume.
- Add 1 μl β1-4 Galactosidase S .
- Incubate at 37°C for 1 hour.
- The amount of exoglycosidase enzyme required varies when different substrates are used. Start with 1-2 μl for 1 μg of glycoprotein or 100 nM of oligosachride for one hour in a 10-25 μl reaction. If there is still undigested material, let the reaction go overnight.
- The reaction can be scaled up linearly.