Exonuclease V (RecBCD)
- DNA specific exonuclease that also acts as an endonuclease on single-strand DNA
- Initiates at both 5' and 3' termini of linear double-stranded DNA
- Cleaves linear double-stranded DNA in both the 3' to 5' and 5' to 3' directions
- Requires ATP in the reaction
Exonuclease V is ideal for:
- Degradation of contaminating linear DNA in plasmid samples
- Removal of residual gDNA after purification of low copy plasmid
Exonuclease V, a RecBCD complex from E. coli has several different enzyme activities, including an ATP-dependent single-stranded DNA endonuclease activity, ss- and ds- DNA exonuclease activity. The hydrolysis in each case is bi-directional (from both the 3´ and 5´ ends) and processive, producing oligonucleotides (1,2,3). All Exonuclease V activities have divalent cation requirements. Mg2+ is required for the exonuclease activity, while Ca2+ inhibits the exonuclease activity and allows double-stranded DNA unwinding (helicase activity) without hydrolysis (4,5).
Product SourceAn E. coli strain containing plasmids for expressing the three subunits of E. coli Exonuclease V: RecB, RecC and RecD.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration NEBuffer™ 4 -20 10X Adenosine 5'-Triphosphate (ATP) -20 10 mM
- Product Categories:
- Nucleases Products
- Golden Gate Assembly
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.