NEB offers a number of endonucleases and exonucleases that cleave DNA.
Exonucleases catalyze the removal of nucleotides in either the 5’ to 3’ or the 3’ to 5’ direction from single or double stranded DNA. Endonucleases cleave DNA nonspecifically and can be used to generate blunt ends for ligation or to shorten duplex DNA.
Protocols for Nucleases
- Removal of Single-Stranded Extension Protocol using Mung Bean Nuclease (M0250)
- A Typical Exonuclease V Reaction (M0345)
- Protocol for T5 Exonuclease (M0363)
- A Typical DNase I Reaction Protocol (M0303)
- T7 Endonuclease I-based Mutation Detection with the EnGen® Mutation Detection Kit (NEB #E3321)
- Standard Reaction Protocol for PreCR Repair Mix
- Sequential Reaction Protocol for PreCR Repair Mix
- Control Reaction Protocol for PreCR Repair Mix
- Comet Assay - Modified for Detection of Oxidized Bases Using the Repair Endonucleases Fpg, hOGG1 and Endonuclease III (Nth)
- Transfection of Cas9 RNP (ribonucleoprotein) into adherent cells using the Lipofectamine® RNAiMAX
- Electroporation of Cas9 RNP (ribonucleoprotein) into adherent cells using the Neon® Electroporator
- In vitro digestion of DNA with Cas9 Nuclease, S. pyogenes (M0386)
- Determining Genome Targeting Efficiency using T7 Endonuclease I
- Using recombinant Cas9 nuclease to assess locus modification in genome editing experiments (#M0386)
- A Fast One-Step Digestion of DNA or RNA for Global Detection and Characterization of Nucleotide Modifications
- AGBT 2018 Wellcome Sanger Institute poster: Thurston. S., et al. (2018). A Large Genome Centre Core Pipeline Refresh.
- Enzymatic removal of N- and O-glycans using PNGase F or the Protein Deglycosylation Mix
- Using Exonuclease V (RecBCD) to Eliminate Residual Genomic DNA When Purifying Low Copy Plasmids with the Monarch® Plasmid Miniprep Kit
DNA Damage - the major cause of missing pieces from the DNA puzzle
- Properties of DNA Repair Enzymes
- DNA Damage and PreCR
- Traditional Cloning Quick Guide
Other Tools & Resources
Common Applications of Exonucleases and Endonucleases
Properties of Exonucleases and Endonucleases
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.