Immunoprecipitation (IP) is a method for selectively isolating a particular protein species from a complex protein solution. The technique relies on antigen/antibody recognition (immuno) and the subsequent mass- or affinity-related isolation of the capture/target complex (precipitation). It is the precipitation of the target protein that is referenced by the name: Pull-down assay. Pull-down assays are commonly used to either confirm the presence of a scant protein species or enrich population for a particular protein, as well as to identify natural binding partners for the captured protein. A typical pull-down assay involves the use of a matrix-associated antibody, such as a bead, and various wash and elution steps to ensure the specific preference for the targeted protein of interest.
Protocols for Pull-down Assays
- Cross-linking of IgG to Protein A or G Beads
- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG Magnetic Beads Protocol
- Immunoprecipitation using Protein A/G Magnetic Beads
- Isolation of MBP-fusion protein using Amylose Magnetic Beads
- Phage Display: Solution-phase Panning with Affinity Bead Capture
- Purification of IgG using Protein A/G Magnetic Beads
- Use SNAP-Capture Magnetic Beads (S9145)
- Use SNAP-Capture Pull Down Resin (S9144)
Cellular Imaging & Analysis Brochure
The Cellular Imaging and Analysis brochure provides information on the labeling technologies offered by NEB for studying the function and localization of proteins in cells.
Protein Expression & Purification Brochure
The Protein Expression and Purification brochure provides information on the advanced tools for protein expression and purification offered by NEB.
- Affinity of Protein A/G for IgG Types from Different Species
Other Tools & Resources
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.