Protocol for Quick-Load 1 kb Extend DNA Ladder (NEB #N3239)
- Load 10 μl (0.5 μg) of Quick-Load 1 kb Extend DNA Ladder per gel lane.
- Quick-Load 1 kb Extend DNA Ladder is stable for at least 6 months at 25°C.
- Store at 4°C. Do not store at -20°C.
- Usage Recommendation: We recommend loading 10 µl (0.5 µlg) of Quick-Load 1 kb Extend DNA Ladder per gel lane. For optimum separation of the highest molecular weight DNA fragments, run on a 0.6% (1X TAE or 1X TBE) agarose gel at 3.5 V/cm (distance between electrodes) for 3 hours.
- In general, it is recommended to load 1 µl per mm of gel lane.
- The Quick-Load 1 kb Extend DNA Ladder is not intended for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.