Decapping eukaryotic mRNA with RppH (NEB #M0356)
- Add in order:
- Nuclease-free water: 40 μl
- 10X NEB Thermopol buffer: 5 μl (1X= 20mM Tris-HCl, 10mM (NH4)2SO4, 10mM KCl, 2mM MgSO4, 0.1% Triton® X-100, pH [email protected]°C)
- RNA up to 500 ng of RNA: 5 μl
- RppH (5,000 units/ml): 1 μl per 100 ng of RNA up 5 μl for 500 ng
- If using less than 5 μl RppH make volume of reaction up to 50 μl with water.
- Mix, pipette up and down a minimum of six times.
- Incubate for one hour at 37°C.
- Add 1 μl of 500mM EDTA. Pipette to mix.
- Stop the reaction by heating at 65°C for 5 minutes.
|Component||50 µl reaction|
|RNA||5 ng – 500 ng|
|10X Thermopol Buffer NEB (B9004S)||5 µl (10X)|
|RNA 5´ Pyrophosphohydrolase (RppH) (NEB #M0356S)||5 units per 5 ng RNA up to 25 units per 500ng of RNA|
|Nuclease-free Water||To 50 µl|
|Incubation Time||1 hour*|
Song, M. G., Bail, S., & Kiledjian, M. (2013). Multiple Nudix family proteins possess mRNA decapping activity. RNA. doi:10.1261/rna.037309.112
Neri F, Rapelli S, Krepelova A, Incarnato D, Parlato C, Basile G, et al. Intragenic DNA methylation prevents spurious transcription initiation. Nature. 2017;543:72–7.
Hetzel, Jonathan et al. “Nascent RNA Sequencing Reveals Distinct Features in Plant Transcription.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 113.43 (2016): 12316–12321. PMC. Web. 21 Mar. 2017.