DNA polymerases with high fidelity are important for applications in which the DNA sequence needs to be correct after amplification. Manufactured and quality-controlled at New England Biolabs, Thermo Scientific® Phusion® High-Fidelity DNA Polymerase offers both high fidelity and robust performance, and thus can be used for all PCR applications. Its unique structure, a novel Pyrococcus-like enzyme fused with a processivity-enhancing domain, increases fidelity and speed. Reagent selection includes a standalone enzyme, master mix and kit format, as well as a choice of reaction buffers for amplification of difficult templates. Phusion Hot Start Flex DNA Polymerase is available as standalone enzyme or in a master mix format and enables high specificity amplification of a broad range of templates. Phusion DNA Polymerase is an ideal choice for cloning and can be used for long or difficult amplicons.
Thermo Scientific® is a registered trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Phusion® was developed by Finnzymes Oy, now a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This product is manufactured by New England Biolabs, Inc. under agreement with, and under the performance specifications of Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- PCR Protocol for Phusion® Hot Start Flex DNA Polymerase (M0535)
- PCR Protocol Phusion® DNA Polymerase
- Protocol for Phusion® Hot Start Flex 2X Master Mix
- Protocol for Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Master Mix with GC Buffer
- Protocol Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Master Mix with HF Buffer
- PCR Optimization of the Control Template using Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Kit
- PCR Optimization with Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Kit
- Protocol for a Routine PCR with Phusion® High-Fidelity PCR Kit
Anatomy of a Polymerase - How Structure Effects Function
Understanding Variability in DNA Amplification Reactions
- PCR Brochure
- DNA Polymerase Selection Chart
- PCR Troubleshooting Guide
- Guidelines for PCR Optimization with Thermophilic DNA Polymerases
Template/product specificity: Is RNA or DNA involved? Is the 3´ terminus at a gap, nick or at the end of the template?
Removal of existing nucleotides: Will the nucleotide(s) be removed from the existing polynucleotide chain as part of the protocol? If so, will they be removed from the 5´ or the 3´ end?
Thermal stability: Does the polymerase need to survive incubation at high temperature or is heat inactivation desirable?
Fidelity: Will subsequent sequence analysis or expression depend on the fidelity of the synthesized products?
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.