Methyl-DNA immunoprecipitation (Me-DIP) and Methyl-CpG Binding Domain (MBD) -based capture are both effective methods to enrich methylated DNA from genomic DNA samples. However, for genome-wide methylation analysis, these two methods have differing CpG density bias. Me-DIP favors low methyl CpG density whereas MBD favors higher methyl CpG density (1). Both methods can be used upstream of microarray or sequencing analysis.
- Shalima S. Nair et al. (2011) Epigenetics 6:1,34-44. PMID: 20818161
Protocols for DNA Enrichment
- Capture and Elute Step for Control DNA (E2600)
- Capture Methylated CpG DNA (E2600)
- Cross-linking of IgG to Protein A or G Beads
- DNA Fragmentation (E2600)
- Downstream Analysis (E2600)
- Elute Captured Methylated CpG DNA (E2600)
- Immunoprecipitation using Protein A/G Magnetic Beads
- Phage Display: Solution-phase Panning with Affinity Bead Capture
- Prebind MBD2a-Fc to Protein A Magnetic Beads (E2600)
- Protocol for use with NEBNext ChIP-Seq Library Prep Reagent Set for Illumina (E6200)
- Purification of IgG using Protein A/G Magnetic Beads
- Wash Off Unbound DNA (E2600)
The Epigenetics brochure provides information on these unique solutions to study DNA and histone modifications. NEB offers a suite of validated products for epigenetics research.
Other Tools & Resources
- Wee E., Ngo T., Trau M. 2015. A simple bridging flocculation assay for rapid, sensitive and stringent detection of gene specific DNA methylation Sci Rep. 5, PubMedID: 26458746, DOI: 10.1038/srep15028
Publications related to DNA Enrichment
Overview EpiMark® Methylated DNA Enrichment Kit
If all cells are created from the same genetic material, why are there so many different cell types? Listen to Sriharsa Pradhan, Senior Scientist, RNA Biology at NEB, as he describes how DNA is methylated and how this affects the path of reading the DNA code the same way an obstruction would derail a train off its tracks.