Protocol for Exo-CIP™ Rapid PCR Cleanup (#E1050)
- Transfer 5 µl of PCR product to a new PCR tube and add 1 µl of Exo-CIP A and Exo-CIP B respectively. The final volume is 7 µl.
- Mix thoroughly and briefly centrifuge at 1000 x g.
- Incubate the reaction tube for 4 minutes at 37°C followed by 1 minute at 80°C.
- Submit 3 µl or less (in a range of 15-200 fmol)* of treated PCR product for sequencing using BigDye™ Terminator v3.1 Cycle Sequencing Kit or store the treated samples at -20°C for longer term storage.
* A simple way to determine the amount of your amplicon is to load 3 µl on an agarose gel along with a known amount of a control DNA for comparison. Alternatively, direct measurement using fluorescent dye based kit (e.g., Qubit™) will ensure the proper amount of DNA is submitted.
|Size of PCR amplicon||ng of DNA (in 3 ul sample)|
|100 bp||1 - 12|
|500 bp||5 - 60|
|1000 bp||10 - 120|
|3000 bp||30 - 360|
|5000 bp||50 - 600|