Subculturing Jurkat Cell Line
ProtocolFor use with C2009 and C2010
- Transfer growing culture from T75 flask to a sterile 50 ml conical tube.
- Centrifuge culture at ≤ 1,500 rpm for 2-3 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove and discard 10 ml of old growth medium from above the cell pellet.
- Add 10 ml of fresh complete growth medium and gently resuspend cell pellet by pipetting up and down 2-3 times.
- Add 2 ml of the Jurkat cell suspension to a new sterile T75 flask containing 20 ml of complete growth medium and a final concentration of 1 mg/ml G418. For 75 cm2 flasks, use approximately 105 cells/flask and subculture every 3-4 days.
- Place the culture vessel in a 5% CO2, 37°C incubator.