Sample preparation using provided buffer (N0364)
The denatured Low Range ssRNA Ladder can be run on a 2% agarose-TBE gel (native) or a 6% TBE-Urea (denaturing) gel.
- Combine 2 µl of Low Range ssRNA Ladder with 38 µl of (2X) RNA Loading Dye.
- Incubate at 90˚C for 3-5 minutes.
- Immediately place it on ice for 1-2 minutes.
- Load 1.2-2.5 µl of the denatured ladder per lane of a 6% TBE-Urea gel (or load 5-10 µl per lane of a 2% agarose-TBE gel) and store the unused prepared ladder at 4˚C.
- For best results, stain gel with SYBR Gold (Life Technologies) after electrophoresis. It is also possible to stain gel with ethidium bromide, however, the visibility of the bands is less intense than that of SYBR Gold staining.