Last updated: April 25, 2023
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked to a consumer or device (“Personal Information”).
The chart below summarizes how we collect, use and share Personal Information by reference to the categories specified in the CCPA, the sources from which we collect Personal Information, the business purposes for which Personal Information is collected and/or shared, and the categories of third parties with whom Personal Information is shared, describing our practices during the 12 months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice and/or obtaining your consent where required by law.
In the past 12 months, we shared or disclosed all of the categories of Personal Information listed below for the business purposes specified.
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Sources of Personal Information||Business Purpose for Collecting/Sharing Personal Information||Shared/Disclosed with Third Party Categories (Listed Below)**|
|Identifiers (Name, address, telephone, email address, job title, username, password, IP address)||
||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Personal Information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (Education, employment history, bank account/credit card/debit card number)||
|Protected Classification characteristics under California or federal law (Age, sex. national origin)||
|Commercial Information (Products or services purchased, obtained, considered; purchasing histories)||
||1, 2, 3, 4|
|Internet activity information (Browsing history, search history, information on interaction with a website, application, advertisement or email)||
|Professional or employment-related information (including areas of business/scientific interest, job title)||
||1, 2, 3|
|Geolocation data (Physical location, movements)||
|Sensory data (audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory information)||
||1, 2, 3|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information (profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes)||
||1, 2, 3|
** Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties for a business purpose:
- Affiliate/subsidiary entities;
- Service providers and subcontractors, including for example cloud service providers, internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems/platforms, data aggregators, and market research providers;
- Distributors; and
- Professional advisors, including attorneys, accountants, and auditors.
Note: Personal Information may be shared with government authorities on a case-by-case basis upon receipt of a lawful request, or where required by law. In the event of a sale or transfer of some or all of our business or assets, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you if your Personal Information will be shared with parties to the transaction(s).
We do not sell or share and have not sold or shared (as those terms are defined by the CCPA) California resident Personal Information (relating to adults and to minors under 18) to a third party in the past 12 months.
Your Rights and Choices
California residents are entitled to certain rights relating to your Personal Information, including the following:
- You have the right to a copy of your Personal Information in our possession, or to request information about the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information, the purposes for collecting, sharing or selling the Personal Information (where applicable), the categories of third parties with whom we have shared or sold your Personal Information and the purpose for which we shared or sold your Personal Information (where applicable), and information about the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- You have the right to request that we correct in our records any Personal Information about you that is inaccurate.
- You have the right to request the deletion of Personal Information that we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for targeted advertising purposes, where such a “sale” or “sharing" is occurring (as such terms are defined by applicable law).
- You have the right to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive Personal Information, where collected and as permitted under applicable law.
California residents wishing to submit a verifiable request to exercise these rights, where applicable, can do so (up to twice within a 12 month period) by either:
- Calling us at 1-800-632-5227; or
- Completing the form at the attached link: California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure Request
For your protection, when you seek to exercise the rights described above, it will be necessary for us to verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. We will verify your identity by asking you to provide identifying information that we will match to information in our records. Only you or a person that you authorize in writing to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You (or your authorized agent) must provide documentation signed by you demonstrating that the agent is authorized to submit a verifiable consumer request on your behalf. If you make a verifiable request per the above, we will confirm our receipt and respond in the timeframes prescribed by the CCPA, typically within 45 days.
Please note that your right to delete Personal Information is subject to certain exceptions by law. If you submit a request for deletion and we retain any Personal Information under one or more of these exceptions, we will explain this to you in our response.
In accordance with your rights under the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights under California law or applicable law. We do not charge a different price or rate or provide a different level or quality of products or services based on you exercising your privacy rights.
Changes to Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Changes will take effect immediately upon their posting on www.neb.com. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
Any California resident with a question or complaint relating to the rights and/or disclosures outlined in this Privacy Statement may contact us at:
New England Biolabs, Inc.
Attn: Customer Service/Privacy
240 County Road
Ipswich, MA 01938
** Please note: As described above, if you wish to exercise your rights to disclosure, correction or deletion of your Personal Information, complete and submit a California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure Request or call 1-800-632-5227.