Today, there are faster and less hazardous methods available. Commonly used methods employ spin columns containing a silica matrix to which DNA can be selectively bound in the presence of chaotropic salts. Other reaction components, such as enzymes, nucleotides, detergents, and primers either do not bind well or are removed during the wash steps. Finally, the DNA is eluted from the columns under low-salt conditions and is ready for demanding downstream applications.
FAQs for PCR & Reaction Cleanup
Protocols for PCR & Reaction Cleanup
- Monarch® Plasmid DNA Miniprep Kit Protocol (NEB #T1010)
- Monarch® DNA Gel Extraction Kit Protocol (NEB #T1020)
- Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) Protocol (NEB #T1030)
- Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Quick Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Quick Protocol for Monarch® DNA Gel Extraction Kit (NEB #T1020)
- Quick Protocol for Monarch® Plasmid Miniprep Kit (NEB #T1010)
- Quick Protocol for Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn how to isolate DNA from your enzymatic reactions, including PCR, using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 µg).
Optimize your DNA isolation from PCR and other enzymatic reactions with our quick tips for using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit.
Learn how you can easily recycle all of the components in your Monarch Kits.