The Leader in the Discovery and Production of Restriction Enzymes
After more than 40 years of offering restriction enzymes to the research community, NEB has earned the reputation of
being a leader in enzyme technologies. Working continuously to be worthy of that distinction, NEB strives to develop
enzymes of the highest purity and unparalleled performance.
NEB scientists continue to improve its portfolio of restriction enzymes, as well as explore their utility in new
technologies. As a result, NEB scientists continue to publish scientific papers and to be awarded grants in this area. We are proud to have
been there first: the first to commercialize a recombinant enzyme, the first to introduce a nicking enzyme, and the first
to supply a true restriction enzyme master mix. In addition, NEB has an ongoing history of innovation by engineering
restriction enzymes with altered specificities and improved performance. Through continued research in these areas, we
are committed to driving the innovations that allow us to offer maximum convenience and performance.
For details on NEB’s quality controls for restriction endonucleases, visit our Restriction Enzyme Quality page.
All of NEB's Restriction enzymes have transitioned to a new buffer system. Visit NEBCutSmart.com for further details.
- >210 restriction enzymes are 100% active in a single buffer – CutSmart™ Buffer.
- 193 restriction enzymes are Time-Saver qualified, meaning you can digest DNA in 5-15 minutes, or digest DNA safely overnight.
- Choose from 283 restriction enzymes, the largest selection commercially available.
- Choose a High-Fidelity (HF®) restriction enzyme, which has been engineered for reduced star activity, rapid digestion (5-15 minutes) and 100% activity in CutSmart Buffer. A vial of 6X Purple Loading Dye is included with every HF restriction enzyme.
- All of our restriction enzymes undergo stringent quality control testing, ensuring the highest levels of purity and lot-to-lot consistency.
Use Enzyme Finder to select restriction enzyme by name, sequence, overhang or type.