The ssRNA Ladder is also compatible with formaldehyde-based loading buffers.
This method utilizes the RNA Loading Dye, (2X) provided, and samples should be run on a native gel prepared with 1X TBE. This method does not
always denature RNA molecules completely.
- Combine 2 μl of ssRNA Ladder with 8 μl of 2X RNA Loading Dye.
- Incubate at 90°C for 2 minutes or 70°C for 10 minutes.
- Immediately place it on ice for 1–2 minutes.
- Load the entire sample on gel.
- For best results, stain gel with SYBR Gold after electrophoresis. It is also possible to stain gel with ethidium bromide, however, the visibility of the bands is less intense than that of SYBR Gold staining.