Typical Reaction Conditions for α2-3,6,8 Neuraminidase (P0720)
- Combine 1 μg of glycoprotein or 100 nM of oligosaccharide and H2O (if necessary) in a total reaction volume of 9 μl.
- Add 1 μl of GlycoBuffer (10X) to make a 10 μl total reaction volume.
- Add enzyme (see below)
- Incubate at 37°C for 5 min - 1 hour
- The amount of exoglycosidase enzyme required varies when different substrates are used. Start with 1-2 μl for 1 μg of glycoprotein or 100 nM of oligosachride for one hour in a 10-25 μl reaction. If there is still undigested material, let the reaction go overnight.
- The reaction can be scaled up linearly
- Several exo- and endo-glycosidases can be used together in one digest. For buffer recommendations, please reference the Glycobiology Double Digest Chart .
- For a more detailed characterization of several glycosidase enzymes, please reference the Detailed Characterization of Several Glycosidase Enzymes page.