Sample Preparation Methods for PicoPLEX WGA Kit
- Cell Sample (5 μl)
- Wash or dilute cells with 1X PBS buffer, according to the recommendations in the Cell Specifications section of the manual.
- If collecting cells by flow sorting: Collect a single cell into 5 μl of Cell Extraction Buffer in a PCR tube or well. If collecting cells by micromanipulation or dilution: Transfer a single cell in minimal 1X PBS volume (< 2.5 μl) to a PCR tube or well containing an appropriate volume of Cell Extraction Buffer to achieve a total cell sample volume of 5 μl.
- Immediately freeze and store cells at -80°C or proceed directly to the Pre-Amplification Protocol.
- Control DNA Sample (5 μl)
- Prepare a 1 ng/μl purified DNA solution in a PCR tube or well by diluting a control DNA stock with 5 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0).
- Vortex the 1 ng/μl DNA solution for 30 seconds.
- Add 3 μl of the 1 ng/μl DNA solution to 197 μl of 5 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0) to prepare a 15 pg/μl DNA sample.
- Vortex the 15 pg/μl DNA solution for 30 seconds.
- Add 1 μl of the 15 pg/μl DNA solution to 4 μl of Cell Extraction Buffer in a PCR tube or well.