Protocol for Expression Using T7 Express Crystal (C3022)
- Transform expression plasmid into T7 Express Crystal. Plate on antibiotic selection plates and incubate overnight at 37°C.
- Resuspend a single colony in 10 ml liquid culture with antibiotic.
- Incubate at 37°C until OD600 reaches 0.4 - 0.8.
- Induce with 40 µl of a 100 mM stock of IPTG (final concentration of 0.4 mM) and induce for 2 hours at 37°C.
- Check for expression either by Coomassie stained protein gel, Western Blot or activity assay. Check expression in both the total cell extract (soluble + insoluble) and the soluble fraction alone.
- For large scale, inoculate 1 L of liquid medium (with antibiotic) with a freshly grown colony or 10 ml of freshly grown culture. Incubate at 37°C until OD600 reaches 0.4 - 0.8. Add IPTG to 0.4 mM. Induce 2 hours.