CLuc Activity Assay Protocol II (Injector-equipped luminometers) (E3314)
- Thaw BioLux Cypridina Luciferase Assay Buffer (1X) completely to room temperature (protect from light) and mix well before use.
- Prepare the CLuc assay solution (e.g. for 100 samples add 50 μl of the reconstituted substrate (100X solution) to 5 ml of BioLux Cypridina Luciferase Assay Buffer).
Note: Be sure to prepare enough CLuc assay solution as needed for all samples as well as for priming the injector as suggested by the manufacturer.
- Mix well by inverting the tube several times (do not vortex).
- Incubate at room temperature for 30 minutes (protect from light).
- Set the luminometer with the following parameters: 50 μl injection, 1–2 seconds of delay and 2–10 seconds of integration.
- Pipet samples *(5–20 μl per well) into a 96-well white (opaque) or black plate.
* Approximately 90% of Cypridina Luciferase is secreted out into the culture medium after transfection and thus, the CLuc activity is typically assayed in the supernatant (i.e. culture medium of CLuc-transfected cells). However, as long as the cells are alive, ~10% of CLuc is present inside the cell and therefore, the CLuc activity can also be assayed in the cell lysate (Figure 7). We recommend that the cell lysates be prepared by using Luciferase Cell Lysis Buffer (#B3321), since this lysis buffer is designed to be compatible with Cypridina, Gaussia, Renilla, Firefly Luciferase and β-gal activity assays.
- Prime the injector with the CLuc assay solution and proceed with the measurement.