Target enrichment methods selectively isolate specific genomic regions of interest prior to next generation sequencing and are ideal for the discovery and identification of nucleic acid variants with high sensitivity for translational research.
NEBNext Direct® is a novel, hybridization-based capture method offering significant advantages over traditional in-solution hybridization and multiplex PCR protocols. The NEBNext Direct libraries include unique molecular identifiers (UMI) and a sample barcode. Sequence-ready libraries are generated within one day and the procedure is compatible with automation.
For standard target enrichment workflows, the NEBNext Ultra II DNA kit offers a superior library preparation solution.
- The NEBNext Direct® Cancer HotSpot Panel (E7000S/L/X) enables highly specific hybridization-based capture of 190 common cancer targets from 50 genes. Targets include regions covering 37 kb, including >18,000 COSMIC features.
- The NEBNext Ultra™ II DNA Library Prep Kit (E7645S/L) produces high yield, high quality libraries and is compatible with standard target enrichment workflows such as SureSelect® and Nimblegen®.
Learn how NEBNext Direct can be used for genotyping.
SureSelect® is a registered trademark of Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Nimblegen® is a registered trademark of Roche.
- Guidelines for Setting Up PCR Reactions (E7000X only)
- Protocol for NEBNext Direct® Cancer HotSpot Panel (NEB #E7000)
- Protocol for NEBNext Direct BRCA1/BRCA2 Panel (E6627)
- Guidelines for Setting up PCR Reactions (E6627X only)
- Guidelines for Running Samples on the Illumina MiSeq (E7000)
- Protocol for use with NEBNext Microbiome DNA Enrichment (E2612)
Addressing Challenges in Microbiome DNA Analysis
Precision medicine requires precision enrichment. Learn more about target enrichment and its role in clinical applications.
Learn about the innovative NEBNext Direct technology for target enrichment for next generation sequencing.
View our tutorial for help visualizing NEBNext Direct’s unique and enabling workflow.