FAQs for Adaptors and Primers for Library Prep
- Are the NEBNext Oligos for Illumina compatible with single read and paired end sequencing?
- Are NEBNext adaptor and primers for Illumina validated in Next Generation sequencing workflows?
- What is the concentration of the adaptor and primers in the NEBNext Multiplex Oligos kits?
- Are NEBNext adaptor and primers for Illumina compatible with NEBNext reagents for Illumina library preparation?
- How does dual indexing work?
- Is the NEBNext adaptor methylated?
- Can the NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos for Illumina® (96 Unique Dual Index Primer Pairs) be used to address “index hopping” with Illumina patterned flow cells?
Posters and Manuals
Workflow demonstrating the use of the NEBNext Adaptor and index primers
Benefits of NEBNext Adaptors and Primers:
- Increased ligation efficiency
- Minimized adaptor-dimer formation
- Increased library yields
- Dual barcodes for increased sample identification specificity
- Unique dual index pairs enable barcode hopping detection (96 pairs available)
- 2 sets of non-unique dual index primers available
- Large number of single barcodes available
- 4 sets of 12 indices
- 1 set of 96 indices supplied in a 96-well plate with a pierceable foil seal
- Index pooling guidelines and sample sheets are provided
This video walks you through DNA Library Preparation using the NEBNext Ultra II DNA Library Prep Kit. The video also includes tips for optimization as well as safe stopping points.
Learn more about the streamlined workflow for the NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit.