Adaptors and Primers are an essential component of your NGS sample prep. NEBNext Oligos offer flexibility in multiplexing with a wide range of highly pure index primers, available in unique dual, dual, and single index-primer formats. NEBNext adaptors are designed to optimize yield while minimizing adaptor-dimer formation, and the NEBNext Adaptor, with its unique hairpin-loop structure, offers high ligation efficiency. The EM-seq™ Adaptor was optimized for use with NEBNext’s Enzymatic Methyl-seq protocol, a gentler alternative to the harsh sample processing in bisulfite sequencing, and is also compatible with bisulfite sequencing workflows.
NEBNext Oligos are supplied separately from NEBNext Library Prep Kits (except for the Small RNA and EM-seq Kits) to provide workflow flexibility.
- Are the NEBNext Oligos for Illumina compatible with single read and paired end sequencing?
- Are NEBNext adaptor and primers for Illumina compatible with NEBNext reagents for Illumina library preparation?
- What is the concentration of the adaptor and primers in the NEBNext Multiplex Oligos kits?
- Are NEBNext adaptor and primers for Illumina validated in Next Generation sequencing workflows?
- How does dual indexing work?
- Can the NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos for Illumina® (96 Unique Dual Index Primer Pairs) (NEB #E6440 & E6442) be used to address “index hopping” with Illumina patterned flow cells?
- Is the NEBNext adaptor methylated?
Benefits of NEBNext Adaptors and Primers:
- Increased ligation efficiency
- Minimized adaptor-dimer formation
- Increased library yields
- Dual barcodes for increased sample identification specificity
- Unique dual index pairs enable barcode hopping detection (96 pairs available)
- 2 sets of non-unique dual index primers available
- Large number of single barcodes available
- 4 sets of 12 indices
- 1 set of 96 indices supplied in a 96-well plate with a pierceable foil seal
- Index pooling guidelines and sample sheets are provided
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
This video walks you through DNA Library Preparation using the NEBNext Ultra II DNA Library Prep Kit. The video also includes tips for optimization as well as safe stopping points.
Learn more about the streamlined workflow for the NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit.
A workflow animation for an enzyme-based method for detection of 5mC and 5hmC, an alternative to bisulfite sequencing.