SNAP-Vista® Green is a green fluorescent substrate that can be used to label SNAP-tag® fusion proteins (in cell lysates or purified proteins) for detection by SDS-PAGE.
- This substrate (BG-Vista Green) is based on fluorescein
- It is optimized for excitation with the 488 nm laser excitation line in a laser based gel scanner
- It can also be excited using 360 nm light from a standard UV-transilluminator
- It has an excitation maximum at 500 nm and emission maxima at 524 nm
This package includes 50 nmol of SNAP-Vista Green substrate, sufficient to label one hundred 20 µl samples containing SNAP-tag fusion protein for in-gel detection.
The SNAP-tag protein labeling system enables the specific, covalent attachment of virtually any molecule to a protein of interest. The SNAP-tag is based on human O6-alkylguanine-DNA-alkyltransferase (hAGT). SNAP-tag substrates are fluorophores, biotin or beads conjugated to guanine or chloropyrimidine leaving groups via a benzyl linker. In the labeling reaction, the substituted benzyl group of the substrate is covalently attached to the SNAP-tag.
There are two steps to using this system: subcloning and expression of the protein of interest as a SNAP-tag fusion, and labeling of the fusion with the SNAP-tag substrate of choice. Expression of SNAP-tag fusion proteins is described in the documentation supplied with SNAP-tag plasmids. The labeling of the fusion proteins with the SNAP-tag substrate for detection by SDS-PAGE is described in this document.
- Product Categories:
- Biotin/Vista Labels Products,
- SNAP-tag Substrates Products ,
- Protein Labeling Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.