The NEBExpress® MBP Fusion and Purification System takes advantage of the strong Ptac promoter and the translation initiation signals of maltose binding protein (MBP) to enhance solubility and expression levels of a desired protein in E. coli. The resulting product is an MBP fusion protein, which is then purified by affinity chromatography.
- Reliable E. coli expression: substantial yields (up to 100 mg/L)
- Fusion to MBP has been shown to enhance the solubility of proteins expressed in E. coli (1)
- Two-step purification: amylose elution followed by TEV Protease cleavage and Ni resin isolation results in a highly pure tag-free target protein
- Gentle elution with maltose; no detergents or harsh denaturants required
Kapust and Waugh (1999). Protein Science. 8, 1668-1674. (https://doi.org/10.1110/ps.8.8.166)
- What systems does NEB offer for protein expression and purification?
- What strain(s) do you recommend as hosts for the pMAL vectors?
- Can I perform a batch purification using the amylose resin?
- How can TEV Protease be removed from the reaction after cleavage?
- How do I separate MBP and TEV Protease from the protein of interest?
Over 40 years in protein expression and purification – a historical perspective
This article provides an overview of the advances in protein expression and purification methodology over the past 40 years.
- Protein Expression & Purification Brochure
- Purification Beads, Columns and Resins Brochure
- Protein Expression and Purification Selection Chart
Products and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
This webinar shares solutions developed by NEB scientists for producing various classes of protein, including: genetically-tailored E.coli host strains, expression vectors and valuable guidelines for generating properly-folded recombinant protein.